Thursday, August 7, 2014

Moto Trip Day 2 Dinosaur National Monument

Clear and sunny Utah morning. Probably be hot, so I'll plan on a swim in the Green River when I return home. 

From my base on the Green River, I rode the 33 mile, "out-and-back" Harper's Corner Rd along a high ridge in Dinosaur NP. Surprisingly cool temps in the high 60's and fantastic views made for an enjoyable day.




Lots of Sinclair gas stations, so lots of green dinos. Very appropriate, don't you think?

Green Dino at Sinclair Station

Back from Harper's Corner, the skies opened for 15 minutes dropping pea size hail and buckets of water. After I passed under the storm cloud, the sun came out, temps climbed back up and made my dip in the Green River comfortable. Skinny dipping is frowned upon in Utah, but no one was around so I got my bath in perfect solitude.  Then the clouds rolled out and all was calm.

Skinny Dipping in the Green River

My Campsite on the Green River

No comments:

Post a Comment