Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Moto Trip Day 8 Natural Bridges National Monument

Rainy Day

Light rain all evening. Still sprinkling when I woke at 7:30, so I made a sumptuous breakfast in my tent (Cliff Bar and water)) packed up everything inside, and proceeded to take down my soggy tent. Hopefully on the ride to Natural Bridges campground the skies will clear. Hate setting up camp in the rain. I don't expect any cell or internet service until tomorrow when I reach Cortez, but I have been logging my pics as I go. 

Rain all day. The locals say this is very unusual. Temps around 65, 25-30 degrees cooler than the norm also, but my waterproof riding suit and the cooler temps make for a pleasant day. 


The rain stops as I enter Natural Bridges National Monument. Thankfully, I can have a bit of lunch while I dry out my tent & sleeping bag before taking the scenic drive around the park. 

Natural Bridge

Natural Bridge

A small park, with more European than American visitors, Natural Bridges has a very lovely campground, short, scenic, hikes to the sandstone bridges, and few people. I will definitely love to return. 

River -Cut Canyon

Another Natural Bridge

Again the rain starts as I take the scenic drive around the canyon rim. 3 beautiful arches are showcased. I eat dinner in the rain. 

Noodles in the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment